Saturday 6 April 2013

Finished Pages


These are the finished versions of my newspaper pages, the first, main page and the second page.
http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/JackBMediaa2/media/Page1FINALDONEANDDUSTED_zps4bb5f271.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/JackBMediaa2/media/Page1FINALDONEANDDUSTED_zps4bb5f271.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=13662815536350507434925563248

http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/JackBMediaa2/media/Page2Cropped_zpsb041e308.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1#/user/JackBMediaa2/media/Page2Cropped_zpsb041e308.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1&_suid=136628681695702238588117997795

I have also included annotated versions of the pages for more insight into how I created the pages:



I have uploaded the stories from my newspaper onto SlideShare in an effort to make it easier to read:

The first page has undergone more changes than the 2nd, mainly because it relies much more on aesthetics and it needed to be balanced correctly.

Originally the masthead had not been stretched across the width of the page, as I had planned to insert a masthead there, but I decided against it because I felt that making the masthead larger and more pronounced was of greater importance.
 
On top of this I also made the text thicker and added another line of text “Follow us on @LakesGazette on Twitter” to contribute to the idea of keeping the paper up to date with today’s more technological climate.


The bottom advert has been reduced slightly compared to this earlier version to make room for the story section and give me more room to increase the size of the title. The banner on the side of the page which talks about contact information for the paper has also been altered to give it a red background. This was because there wasn’t enough colour on the page and it makes it look emptier. Usually this information would be on the inside, but I felt that putting it on the front page lets the audience know straight away that they can get involved with their local paper. Finally I also increased the size of the title on top of the main image to get rid of the amount of white space.

I didn’t make that many adjustments to the second page, apart from the last minute addition of the side banner. This was mainly because I was having the same problem that I had with the first page, it looked empty. I went back to find news stories and information that was relevant to the time so it would correspond with the date of the newspaper. I found that this made the page more aesthetically pleasing than it was previously.

 The main image on the second page was probably the most difficult task next to writing the stories because of the effect I was trying to achieve to make it fit the story. I used Photoshop to add a smashed glass effect to the window to try and make it more realistic.






 I have uploaded the stories from my newspaper onto SlideShare in an effort to make it easier to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment